Saturday July 28th
Today we slept in till 8:00 and wore liesure clothes all day!
Jan took us to a little town that I am not even going to attempt to spell, (see above schedule) where we toured a cheese factory and a wooden shoe factory. More like little shops than factories, really. There was a wooden shoe museum and they had all kinds of weird wooden clogs. There were boots, rollerskates, dressy clogs, everything! Those two things always seem paired together. Cheese and wooden shoes. Anyway, I found some fun map stamps at a little souvenir shop and I had to get them. :)
Jan took us to a little town that I am not even going to attempt to spell, (see above schedule) where we toured a cheese factory and a wooden shoe factory. More like little shops than factories, really. There was a wooden shoe museum and they had all kinds of weird wooden clogs. There were boots, rollerskates, dressy clogs, everything! Those two things always seem paired together. Cheese and wooden shoes. Anyway, I found some fun map stamps at a little souvenir shop and I had to get them. :)
Then we had to go back to Friendship Village and entertain ourselves. We ended up watching the England v. Scotland match, with England winning 1-0. It was a very intense game and very fun to watch. That victory made England the champions of the A-division.
We found some playground equipment. That was fun!, and at times, dangerous. Had some dinner and bought a Kika bear to help kids with cancer. I now have no money. Only a 2 euro and like $3. We were at the Friendship Village for a grand total of 6 hours today! bleh...

Finally returned to the hotel and signed shirts, ste cheese and crackers, laughed a lot and said goodbyes. Lindsay is on the same bus as me next morning. We get to wake up at 5 a.m. because the bus, 31A, leaves at 6:25 a.m.
Labels: My Trip to Holland

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home