English Class Quickwrite
Being hesitant about asking a question is what many people suffer with. You always seem to wonder or think, what will they say? Will they be mad? Why am I asking this? Sometimes I, and admit it, you do it too, will go over a question so many times in my head that I forget if I've said it aloud or kept it in my mind. It gets to the point where you are used to not talking and/or throwing out ideas so you become self-conscious of what other people will say back to your comment. You begin to come up with different questions to your own questions and, before you know it, you've just played out an entire conversation in your head. It is confusing then because you forget or don't remember if you ever had that converdation with the person you were going to ask that question to. This has happened to me numerous times; with relatives, teachers, and friends. Just about everyone I know, except my cat, James. And you know the reason why? It's because I know he won't respond in a negative way (except maybe to look at me strange). Having this problem reoccur countless times can most often tell you about yourself: you are shy and take to heart what other people say to you. But here is the solution; ask yourself this question, Why should I care? If the question in question is not offensive or derogitory then by all means, ask away! The worst that can happen is rejection, and you will get an answer, maybe not the one you were hoping for, but what can you do about that? Why should you care what other people think of you in this modern, selfish world? It is quite annoying.

1 Comments:
Hey Jessi! How is school this week? Have you been reading Romans 6? I said I was going to remind you. It is a great chapter on being dead to sin. It really helps remind me of how I am free from being a slave to sin because I belong to Jesus. Have you been praying for the Taimani? I hope the scripture verses help.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home