Thursday, September 25

Today in English

Some of the conversation in English today.
Teacher: Why do you guys not talk? You are not shy, are you?
Are you shy?

A brief pause because no one answers.

Teacher: I am the student, teach me. I want to know why you don't talk.

A student: Lazy.
...
Another student: We are always wrong.

It went further, but not much, teacher did most of the talking. Still suprised that none of us wanted to answer him.

Later on...

Teacher: What challenges young people? Do you face any challenges?
...
A male student: Work, money.

Teacher: Is it different for girls?

No girl answers.

Teacher seems confused as to our lack of enthusiasm for discussion, and even speech.

The next subject got a little more response.

Teacher: What is conformity?
Do you conform?
Why?
What are its effects?

Students answer: the law requires it; Ignorance, loss of individuality result.

Now we get to write a paper on the cause or effect of conformity. It seems most people will be writing on the negative effects. But what about the positive effects? How about freedom through conforming?

2 Comments:

At 9/25/08, 4:44 PM , Blogger danay said...

Writing on the benefits of conformity while everyone else writes on the negative effects? You, non-conformist, you. Haha. I'll see you Sunday.

 
At 9/25/08, 6:40 PM , Blogger jessi said...

hahaha, I try.
See you Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home