Code 1000
At work this Tuesday, I was the only person closing in my department and I had 45 minutes to get all of our routines done. We have to refill the yellow bag bins throughout the store and also refill the shopping tools throughout the store. So that's 2 trips through the entire place at breakneck speed. haha, ok, maybe a fastpaced walk. Once we're done with that, we have to empty out the yellow bag bins that are next to the checkout and put them back in the lobby. I was almost done with this last routine and making good time too, when the PA tells everyone to evacuate because there's a code 1000 in the recovery area. A code 1000 is for an emergency, but the building wasn't up in flames or anything, so all the people closing that night walked slowly out of the building to the meeting spot under the flagpoles. Every department had to do a role call to make sure that everyone was present, which was nice for me because I was the only one there for my group. What was really a relief was the fact that the store was closed and we didn't have to evacuate the kids in Smaland. In all, it was fun, new. That was my first evacuation. Exciting. So, then we went back inside and continued with whatever we were doing before the alarm went off.

2 Comments:
Exciting! :)
got back to work with some extra time on your hands... nice. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home