Midterm
Vietnamese midterm was today.
It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but I still don't think I did too well. We had to write down 10 sentences that the teacher spoke to us. That was REALLY difficult because a lot of words sound alike. Then, we had to write 10 of our own sentences. That was much easier, especially since non-native speakers were allowed to write three-word sentences.
Mine consisted of: (literal translation) Parents read newspaper. I study Vietnamese. I drink tea. I don't drink coffee. You are well? You are healthy? Today is beautiful. Yesterday was cold. I like to read books.
My longest sentence was: This book is orange and blue.
We have learned a lot of vocabulary so far, but I need to study more if I want it to stick.

4 Comments:
Congratulations on being finished! You have my empathy with the three-word sentence thing. My big sentence in Arabic class yesterday was "This dress old."
Hahaha, thanks! I know what you mean. At first, the book was only orange, but then I remembered the word for 'and' and it got another color.
Nicely done. You'll have to give me a tutorial when you finish the class so I can have more words in my arsenal... so my in-laws can have more reasons to laugh at me.
hahaha, they will be in awe at your extensive vocabulary. perhaps... : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home