Praise You in This Storm
I jumped out of the car and waited for the driver behind us to pull over to the side of the road.
You guessed it, a collision.
A minor one, just a fender bender, but boy did our fender bend! We were merging onto the 22 west, getting ready to merge after receiving the green light from the meter when BAM! we flew forward in our seats and our heads slammed into the headrests. I looked at my mom and then jumped out of the car to see the other driver sitting at the meter. I waited for him to pull over behind us. By then I noticed that our trunk had flown open and the tail lights were hanging off the back of the car by their wires. There's a dent on the bumper and in a few other places, but the police officer was able to tie and tape everything back into place.
The other driver was a friendly older Vietnamese man and they exchanged info and all the important numbers. The highway patrol man was nice too and he got all of his info before the sun sank below the freeway.
So now our car's rear is held together with gauze and duct tape. It'll make all the other drivers around us try their best to stay far away from that dangerous, reckless driver. : )
Luckily, no one was seriously injured and the car still works.
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

1 Comments:
:( That's a real bummer. But I am encouraged by your turning it into singing a song of deliverance. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home